Sunday, March 24, 2019

Familia Sadness

Very sad news - Mello, one of our original collaborators has passed

Ed had been a hospital DJ in  Chicago and had copious interest in and knowledge of Soul music.

He was a great guy, and will be missed by everyone who ever crossed his path.

Our thoughts go to his family. 

R.I.P., Ed, our buddy, our carnal, our brother.

In Ed's memory, here's the very first group comp, Familia Souldiez from way back when.
Ed considered us all part of his family.





01 - The Temptones - Goodbye Baby (Mello)
02 - The Ambers - Never Could You Be My Girl (JR)
03 - Final Chapter - Now I Know (Lil' David)
04 - Delcardo's - Got No One (DustyRose)
05 - Ice Cold Love - Sheer Magic (SOLOE)
06 - Eric & The Vikings - Where Do You Go (Baby) (JR)
07 - Unique Blend - Mommy and Daddy (Mello)
08 - Gene Chandler - Such A Pretty Thing (GMAN)
09 - Kitty & The Haywoods - Mystic Stranger (JR)
10 - Haze - I Do Love My Lady (SOLOE)
11 - Curtis Blandon - Young, Dumb (Lil' David)
12 - The Gifts - Lovin' You (DustyRose)
13 - Freddie Hughes & The Chevelles - I Just Found Out (GMAN)
14 - Family Circle - Loving You Makes The World Go Round (SOLOE)
15 - Ralfi Pagan - Je T'Aime (Mello)
16 - The Chaps - They'll Never Be (DustyRose)
17 - The Kittens - Undecided You (SOLOE)
18 - God's Gift To Women - Stop To Think It Over (Lil' David)
19 - Tomorrow's Men - Who's That Lady (GMAN)
20 - The Kittens - It's Gotta Be Love (GMAN) 


https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/GL1B2hra/file.html
.
.

16 comments:

  1. Very sorry to Hear Prayers go out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tribute RB, He will be forever in our hearts !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear of Mello (Ed) passing. I enjoyed his many telephone conversations and emails. We treated each other like family. He was a wonderful man. His knowledge of soul music always amazed me. He was loved by many. I blogging world and soul collectors will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to him I became a member to this familia RIP MELO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad to hear of Mello (Ed) passing. O enjoyed many a phone conversation & email with him. I was always amazed by his knowledge of soul music. He taught me a lot. I considered him family. The blogging world and the world of souldiez will miss him. RIP my brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's keep this wonderful music alive in memorie for our great friend.
    Respect!

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest in peace carnal...i will never forget the comps we made together..on many blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the last two years that I was living in Chicago, Ed and I had many luncheon dates. After chowing down on some food we would sit and talk about music as well as other subjects. Our lunches always lasted 3-4 hours. He truly was a kind and caring man with knowledge of many things besides music. I often thought of him as my mentor. He taught me much about music and life in general. I'll cherish those memories forever.

    May all of your afternoons be sunny, Ed. RIP.

    Chi-Town Bill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mello was the coolest Kat, i know. I know one day i will be able to tell him that in person. Until that day come my friend keep the soul music flowing. Rest In Peace brother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sad to hear about my chi town Brother..I loved talking to him on phone about rolas and life and family.He will be missed,Rest In Peace My Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very sad to hear the news. i am also in a similar situation. I pray that he rests in peace. Thank you for the beautiful music. Take care my friend Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear of the sad news. Mello will forever live through his love of music and the joy he shared with us all. Rest In Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mello was a gentleman of the first order and generous to one and all, someone who knew the true meaning of being “respectful” without the braggadocio that some seem to infer.
    I offer my condolences to his family and friends.
    May you be spinning the tunes at God’s right hand.....that will definitely be a heavenly set.
    May eternal light shine upon you

    Eugene





    ReplyDelete