Sunday, October 23, 2022

Home Grown Chicago Souldiez - Vol. 2


 I miss my Chi-Town friends conversation on the phone he always knew how to make me laugh & taught me alot about this music! 

                         Rest in peace Mello  😭💔


01. Chicago - No Tell Lover (DustyRose)

02. Otis Leavill - Tell The World (Mello)

03. Bull & The Matadors - Love Come Down (DustyRose)

04. The Classic Sullivans - I Don't Want To Lose You (Mello)

05. Age Of Bronze - I'm Gonna Love You (DustyRose)

06. The Desires - Black Girl (Mello)

07. Sheppards - Tragic (Echo Version) (DustyRose)

08. The Creations  - Oh Baby (Mello)

09. Fascinations - Tears In My Eyes (DustyRose)

10. George Jackson - Macking On You (Mello)

11. Gems - Dear One (It Was A Night) (DustyRose)

12. Impressions - That You Love Me (Mello)

13. Holly Maxwell - Never Love Again (DustyRose)

14. The Steelers - The Flame Remains (Mello)

15. Tyrone Davis - You Can't Keep A Good Man Down (DustyRose)

16. The Notations - It Only Hurts For A Little While (Mello)

17. Andrea Davis - Lonely Girl (DustyRose)

18. The Classic Sullivans - We Can Make It (Mello)

19. Monique - Never Let Me Go (DustyRose)

20. Gerald Sims - Little Echo (Mello)

21. Lintons - Lost Love (DustyRose)

22. The Impressions - Minstrel & Queen (Mello)

23. Dells - Tell The World (DustyRose)

24. Magnum Force - Your Lady's Just A Dream (Mello)


https://www.sendspace.com/file/yofc7z

16 comments:

  1. Lots of killer ch-town grooves on this one!
    Can't place that Gems record - must be previously unreleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gems - Dear One (It Was A Night)
      1962 - Chess, These teenage classmates got together in 1959 and began recording in 1962, they were a group backup for chess/checker studios, The late Minnie Riperton was part of this group. I think it's still in the writeup folder

      Delete
  2. This is a great Album Rose,Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute wonderful compilation my friend.
    Keep the faith.

    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comp and great to look at. Chi-town. Thanks Dusty Rose. Thank you for keeping these sounds going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dusty Rose, some people just get in your head. Mello did just that. Those interminable phone calls were the best. So glad you sent his picture so I could match the picture in my head with the real mello. Requiescat in Pace,Mello. And I hope you are whole again, Dusty. And I play this one all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see your still around BillyMac, Thanks for the great comment & YW for the pic, He is so missed!

      Delete
  6. The Otis Leavill track is great thanks for the the re-up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, this was a rough week no lie, for I too found myself missing someone and to read your post & it just hit home. your post is reminder that we are not alone,Sorry for the lost but by this comp sounds as you said - that there must be lots of great memories and good times! Thank you for this and may you have a peaceful day to you and to all here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your rough week & Thanks for the comment. I hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mello was a gent through and through. I “spoke” with him via E-mail and he always came over as a really nice guy. May he find himself at God’s right hand

    ReplyDelete