Saturday, June 14, 2014

RossyBoy's Over And Out


A Black Friday - unlucky for some ! I'm sorry to say that this is my very last solo compilation. It's been more than 5 years since the first one I ever put together, Prime Cuts, in early May 2009 on the original TVD blog. I've had a couple of false endings before, but this really is it.

I loved sharing my taste over the past five years and it never seemed like hard work. Here's the last comp. It's the usual eclectic mix you may have come to expect by now - a bumper bundle of my favorites. In the past I've deliberately left out label, year, album info as the intention was that, if you found something of interest, you would do some further research yourself. But, as a parting gift, all the sources are detailed this time. I hope you enjoy it. RossyBoy

Track list:
01 - J.P. Rodgers Jr. - I Ain't Gonna Give My Love
"Good Taste In Love" album, Inculcation, 1982
02 - Ed Townsend - Got A New Lease (On Life)
"Now" album, Curtom, 1975
03 - George Kerr & Ann Robinson - Just The Two Of Us
Shout, 1973
04 - The Mad Lads - I'm Afraid Of Losing You
"A New Beginning" album, Volt, 1973
05 - Jato Vondel - These Happy Days
Gregory, 1974 
06 - Pauline Chivers - Stopped
O-Pex, 1969
07 - The Seminoles - Trouble In Mind
Hi-Lite, 196?
08 - Creative Source - Pass The Feelin' On
"Pass The Feelin' On" album, Polydor, 1975
09 - Rita Da Costa - You And Nothing More
Tower, 1965
10 - The Radiants - Tears Of A Clown
Chess, 1968
11 - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Baby, Baby Don't Cry
Tamla, 1968
12 - The Marvelows - Fade Away
ABC Paramount, 1966
13 - Jules Johnson & The Dynamics - I Just Want To Thank You
Polydor, 1974
14 - Lil Bob & The Lollipops - I Don't Wanta Cry
JIN, 1969
15 - Al Green - Home Again
"Livin' For You" album, Hi, 1975
16 - Jimmy James - Satisfy My Heart
Merritone, 1975 (thanks to Chris T for this one !)
17 - Willy DeVille - Ruler Of My Heart
"Victory Mixture" album, Orleans, 1990
18 - Julian a.k.a. Judy Mowatt - Cry To Me
Gay Feet, 1971
19 - Fontella Bass - Gee Whiz
"The New Look" album, Chess, 1984
20 - Pat Thomas - I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face
Verve, 1964
21 - Frankie Gearing - Tears On My Pillow 
Bound Sound, 1982
22 - Billy Hawks - You've Been A Bad Girl
"Heavy Soul!" album, Prestige, 1968
23 - Teena Marie - Hypnotized
"Passion Play" album, Sarai, 1994
24 - The Wilson Brothers - I'll Always Love You
RCA, 1969
25 - Barbara Lynn - You Can't Be Satisfied
Jamie, 1963
26 - J.P. Robinson - Keep Me Satisfied
Blue Candle, 1974
27 - Lyn Collins – Wide Awake In A Dream
People, 1974
28 - Steve Alaimo - When My Little Girl Is Smiling
Entrance, 1971
29 - Clara Ward & The Ward Singers - California Dreamin'
"Walk A Mile In My Shoes" album, Philips (UK), 1971
30 - Dimas III - So Much In Love
Clown, 196?
31 - Rare Earth - Stop ~ Where Did Our Love Go
"Dreams / Answers" album, Verve, 1968
32 - Jackie Wilson & Count Basie - Ode To Billie Joe
"Manufacturers Of Soul" album, Brunswick, 1968
33 - Jack Costanzo & Gerrie Woo - Hey Boy
"Latin Percussion With Soul" album, Tico, 1968 
34 - Little Helen  - Can't Get Enough
Soultown, 1968
35 - Art Neville - Bo Diddley - Part 2
Sansu, 1968
36 - SugarPie DeSanto - Do The Whoopie
Brunswick, 1967
37 - The Moments - Key To My Happiness
Stang, 1971
38 - Roshell Anderson - I'm Crackin' Up
Sunburst, 1974
39 - Marijata - I Need More 
"Pat Thomas & Marijata" album, Gapophone, 1977. Afro-funk (Highlife) from Ghana.
40 - The Stylistics - Never Can Say Goodbye
"Never Can Say Goodbye" CD, Planet Song, 2004


- Intro By ROSSYBOY -
- Post Courtesy Of DUSTYROSE -
- Link Courtesy of ROSSYBOY - 
- Tracks Courtesy Of ROSSYBOY -
- Album Cover Courtesy of ROSSYBOY - 






9 comments:

  1. Greatest Oldies on the web ..Hey G-Man i need some serious 70s Soull !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao amico,
    Thank you verry much for all the marvelous music you have posted.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Greetings from Belgium.

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I speak for a whole lot of people when I say THANKS Rossyboy for your awesome contributions! I absolutely enjoyed all the music you shared, you are MUCH appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your music RossyBoy, but the track number 40 is better than the 41, never can say goodbye, solo un "hasta pronto".
    Thanks friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS RossyBoy & Rosalie!! Awesome comp! Thanks for all the great tunes you shared, RossyBoy. They were all great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, its been a while and you kept rollin, the stuff you introduced me to amazing skull candy-may it go well with you and all you do-thanks for everything and sharing-adios amigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. RB you know you’re my favourite musicologist and always will be, simply because you’re the best. No words will be adequate to express my gratitude to you, and to say how much you’ll be missed.
    Will keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the nice comments, peeples ! I'm still around for collaborations with the Familia; so only semi-retired, but hopefully not forgotten .... LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rossy it's dead please please reup

    ReplyDelete