Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oldtimer Souldies Series: Dominant Males Vol. 6


The Oldtimers have been having a little rest and recuperation; but now we're back with a bang to put our favorite menfolk in the spotlight. As usual, it's a mix of downright unequivocal classics and some  rarer gems that may be useful for your collections. Jackie Wilson's "Lonely Teardrops" featured here at #09 is the slower, bluesy version. And that's Ronnie Walker a.k.a Fletcher Walker III on the cover pic. This series has been proving popular, so we hope we have kept up the standard on this one. Let us know ! 
The Veteranos

Track list:
01 - Ray Pollard - No More Like Me (BillyMac)
02 - Jesse James - I Don't Want It To End (Mello)
03 - Ray Lewis - Give My Love A Try (East LA Guy)
04 - Renaldo Domino - I'm Getting Nearer To Your Love (RossyBoy)
05 - Robert Mosley - Goodbye My Lover Goodbye (BillyMac)
06 - Gene Chandler - I Fooled You This Time (Mello)
07 - Fletcher Walker III - Guess I'll Never Understand (East LA Guy)
08 - Percy Sledge - When She Touches Me (Nothing Else Matters) (RossyBoy)
09 - Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops (BillyMac)
10 - Jimmy Holiday - Everybody Needs Help (Mello)
11 - Jimmy Ruffin - I've Passed This Way Before (East LA Guy)
12 - Ben E. King - At Last (RossyBoy)
13 - Freddie Scott - I Got A Woman (BillyMac)
14 - Tony Clarke - The Entertainer (Mello)
15 - Carl Henderson - That Girl (East LA Guy)
16 - Lenny Williams - Cause I Love You (RossyBoy)
17 - Jerry Butler - I Don't Want to Hear It Anymore (BillyMac)
18 - Freddie Hughes - I Gotta Keep My Bluff In (Mello)
19 - Carl Carlton - Don't Walk Away (East LA Guy)
20 - Tommy Tate - I'm Taking On Pain (RossyBoy)
21 - Johnny Adams - Love Me Now (BillyMac)
22 - Walter Jackson - That's What Mama Say (Mello)
23 - Morris Chestnut - Too Darn Soulful (East LA Guy)
24 - Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure (RossyBoy)

*
Post by ROSSYBOY
Link courtesy of ROSSYBOY
Tracks courtesy of ROSSYBOY, EAST LA GUY, MELLO & BILLY MAC
Album cover by ROSSYBOY
*

~
~

4 comments:

  1. Gracias amigo....Saludos

    - J.M.V.M. -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..!!! Beautiful My sort of thing certainly Thank you very much

    Regards

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS BillyMac, Mello, East LA Guy & RossyBoy!!!!! Dope stuff from the Veteranos as usual!

    ReplyDelete