Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DustyRose's Prisoner Of Love Vol. 1


Gotta new series here titled for another favorite song of mine,
"Prisoner Of Love" is a 1931 popular song with music by Russ Columbo and Clarence Gaskill and lyrics by Leo Robin. The song was popularized by Columbo and later became a major hit for Perry Como and The Ink Spots. It was also recorded by Billy Eckstine and many other artist that followed... In all our lifes we are all Prisoners when it comes to love...past, present & future...It's just the music that makes it that more real.

Okayyy, time to Bitch!...
This is in no way intended toward my fellow Crew members....
(Thanks again 4 your previous comments on this comp)

I hope you all enjoy the tunes that I compiled for this series but this time around I would love to see more comments. (To those that posted comments in the past are appreciated so much!) I gotta look at this from my fellow crew members point of view ,especially P-Stylze comment posted on the side of this blog for COMMENT OF THE DAY.. I agree 100%!
No begging on your part or bigheaded on mine, It's just that I spend alot of time on these & when I see the limit of 10 to 20 comments compare to the 200+ downloads in my account, I gotta say it upsets me somewhat & though I LOVE to share what I have, I realize it's my choice to do so, even if SOME of these tracks I shared appear on CD compilations to be sold on E-Bay when your getting them free from here...My tracks may come from Vinyl, Tapes, CD's, 8 tracks, or my collection from generous sharers in the past, whatever, No MATTER, they are MP3 NOW....Sharing these with you all is not robbing me in that way as they are here for your listening pleasure...There, I said it and I'm not sorry, it's just something that's been annoying me for awhile, so if the shoe fits, I'm just saying.... :)
Well the rest is up to you music lovers, either you want to leave a comment or not....Keep in mind that to SOME of you these are Rolas that you may not have and would love to get, even more when your a music lover as we all are or we wouldn't be here.
My point is that these comps are free and when someone hands you something for free, what do you say ???
Honestly, I have no time to be mailing out passwords so I'm gonna make this easy...25 comments or more and this baby is yours, Only then will I post the link (even for the ones that wait & didn't say ("Thanks")
Please don't hate, I'm just being honest :D

Big props to RossyBoy for knocking out another cover for me!!! Gracias RB :)
Big Thanks to G-Man for allowing my comp posts on SSS ! :)

Here's a little 411 on some of these tracks BUT half way down I lost my notes on the background stories, so I am skipping those for the fact that I don't wanna research them all over again! As always any corrections are welcomed. Thanks & Enjoy!

@-}--- Rose
01. James Brown &The Famous Flames - Prisoner Of Love1962 - King Born James Joseph Brown May 3, 1933 – Died December 25, 2006) Brown revived "Prisoner of Love" in 1963. It was his first recording to enter the pop Top 20, reaching #18. He performed the song live with his vocal group, The Famous Flames on the concert film The T.A.M.I. Show, and on a mid-1960s telecast of The Ed Sullivan Show. The Flames, however, were not used on the studio recording, having been replaced, in this instance, by a female chorus.02. The Charmels - I'll Gladly Take You Back1967 - Volt AKA The The Tonettes & The Dixiebelles03. Aztlan - Should I Take You Home04. The Unhooked Generation - The Big Let Down05. The Sly Slick & Wicked - Not On The OutsideOff their (Tonights The Night) CD, founded in 1969 by Texas native Thomas Hawkins, aka Sonny Daye. The group debuted in East Los Angeles with original members Sonny Daye, Larry Lewis and Donny Everheart06. The Cellos - I Beg For Your LoveFrom Manhattan,New York 1958 - Apollo 524 From Manhattan,New York The original name of the group was The Marcels and they would practice tunes by one of their favorite groups The Harptones. The group got a contract with Apollo Records and had their first session in January of 1957. But by the end of March in 1958, That was the end of The Cellos, and also soon would be the end of Apollo Records.07. The Ballads - Forever1967 - Venture08. Reflections - Through Thick And Thin09. The Extensions - My Need1963 - Success 10910. Billy ''Soul'' Bonds - Stand By Me Girl11. The Five Smooth Stones - I Will Never Love Another12. Freddy & The Sounds Of Soul - I Can't Break Away From You13. The Three Degrees - Together14. The Four Tops - Remember What I Told You to Forget1972 - ABC Records, Founded in Detroit, Michigan as The Four Aims, lead singer Levi Stubbs (born Levi Stubbles, a cousin of Jackie Wilson and brother of The Falcons' Joe Stubbs) sings Lead on this original version..who lost his life in 200815. Mayer Hawthorne - You've Got The Makings Of A LoverBorn and raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Hawthorne moved to Los Angeles in 2008 He got his feel of soul music when he was younger listening to the car radio while riding with his Dad near Detroit16. 100% Pure Poison - Puppet On A Chain17. The Montegos - Theme Of A Broken Heart18. The Exquisites - Never Never1985 - Avenue D19. Bobby Mandolph - Tell Me Tomorrow20. The Moods - Neither One Of Us21. Harmony Street - Come Back To Me22. Silk & Satin - You Got To Be The One23. Man's Theory - What Can I Do24. Royal Jesters - You're Not There25. Al Hudson & One Way - Something in the Past

https://www.sendspace.com/file/f613ja

60 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, this collection looks awesome. Thanks for everyone's hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to this one! Thanks in advance. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look no more It's yours to enjoy, who ever you are :)

      Delete
  3. "I spend alot of time on these & when I see the limit of 10 to 20 comments compare to the 200+ downloads in my account, I gotta say it upsets me" .I agree 100% ,it takes alot to put these together especially the way Rosalie does with all the background history on the tracks...much respect and appreciation Rosalie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the props Smoke, appreciate your respect!

      Delete
  4. Rose, I've know you for several yrs. and anyone else who has interacted with you knows that you have been generous with your music, advice and help with everything. When my wife died, you lent a sympathetic ear. I know what it takes to put comps. together and the extra effort you put into the research is appreciated by all of us. This comp is typical of your excellent work. I wanted to mention the covers. I love all the comp covers and love the originality of them. Rose, your covers always are unique in that they only need to be glanced at to see that this represents a feminine outlook. I'm sure RossyBoy has just that in mind when doing yours. He has always done great work but damn - they just keep getting better!
    Anyway, I want to thank you and all the contributors on these blogs for everything you've done. It's totally unique & original! Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah My Friend Jim, Thanks for your kind words, Dear..My ear & heart will always be around if you need me..
      I knew you would like this blog when I directed you to it...Much appreciate your support!

      Delete
  5. Another good one DustyRose. The Montegos and The Unhooked Generation tracks are excellent.
    Thank you.
    Gonzo from LA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Gonzo, I hope you enjoy the rest, Gracias :)

      Delete
  6. i understand you whole heartily homey. i appreciate every and anything that is complied from this website. Right from the first track James Brown(god rest his talented soul)i understand what it takes to make a great compilation. Keep'em coming for the east coast lowrider crew UL......(CadillacMel)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understading where I'm coming from CadillacMel so from the Midwest to the East coast, I hope you bump to this comp with a smile on your face! :-D Enjoy

      Delete
  7. Excellent - looking forward to listening to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rose,

    Thank you for taking the time to put together what appears to be another great compilation. There are several tunes on this comp with which I am unfamiliar and I cannot wait to hear them. I hope you will be inclined to continue this new series. Thanks again.

    Gary J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there GaryJ, wait no more, I hope it gets your stamp of approval! Thanks 4 the comment!

      Delete
  9. I Would Just Like To Say That All The Hard Work You Guys Put In To Making These Proper Comps. Is Not Over Looked (By Me Anyway)...I Know How Hard It Is To Get All The Right Songs Not To Mention The Artwork, You Guys Have Done A Great Job Of Putting Out Some Firme Rolas,Keep Up The Good Work And Ill Continue Bumpin These Jams In Watts And All Of South And East Los!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you enjoy the ride out there, Watts...Gracias for the awesome comment!!

      Delete
  10. will be a great one to hear. Just like all the rest.! You're right it doesn't take a lot to say thanks & it's mean not to. For myself i appreciate the hard work & time you all take & will always comment on all the comps i download. Respect & KTF

    Regards

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soulin here.....not everyone is on the same tracks..and it is music here that we're rappin' about - ego tripping and "I am I am'' doesn't even come into the equation. Having said that - We all at one time or other have to "Give it up" for the likes of the "Crew" who have thrown our way some 50 gigs of rare and if not magical choonz that on a normal planet we all would have never had the opportunity to enjoy. In being humble Rose and offering my apologies to you - i wanna say a huge thanks for being a part of your musical world..for those hard to find tracks...and most of all for allowing us all to share your musical "soul" journry. To date, over time every single sompilation that you & the Crew have put together has been a revelation in experiencing life's everyday happenings over some 40-odd years of being a member of this worlds population - broken hearts..smiling faces..cheatin' in the next room - and even being a prisoner of love, reflects the hard work, dedication & generosity of the heart ya'll possess - from me to you - Love you..love your soul..but most of all - Love where your heart lays. Take it easy - Keep the Faith...and Stay Blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh my good friend Chris, Thanks for stopping by again to leave a warming comment..Glad you enjoy it here & these choones as u call them are worth the wonderful words you left, so from me to you, love you back, & proud to call you my Aussie friend!

      Delete
  12. Looks awesome, Dusty. C'mon, people, let's make this happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Jazzamen, Is it Scott? somehow I think you are the guy I met in winmx years ago..use to be a DJ from MA? your story I saw here about selling ur records lead me to believe you are him..If I am wrong I'm sorry...If I am right let me know ok ? Enjoy the comp!!

      Delete
  13. cant belive there are no comments for this great comp Mind you i put one up yesterday and its not showing so hope all is ok with you

    Regards

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having my back Paul lol G-Man is in control of the comments so it takes a while to post as he is a busy man right now ;)

      Delete
  14. Thank You, these oldies are off the hook!!! Another good CD you have put together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like a good comp cant wait to hear it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome to the last 2 Anonymous's love to know who you are tho & I hope u liked it!

      Delete
  16. A BIG Q - VO!! Y mas que todo GRACIAS!!! For all that hard work. I know how it can be. I try and put my favs together for my personal use. I can't seem to find the time to put it together. I can imagine how much work goes into putting these comps together. So again, Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can relate, We know it ain't easy to be fussy lol Hope u enjoy it

      Delete
  17. Great comp and your work and everyone who puts all their time and effort into all the music that is posted here is very much appreciated. Thank you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. another no name :( well thanks alot for ur appreciation, Enjoy!

      Delete
  18. Just want to say I appreciate you taking the time to share this music with us - you and all the music collectors that post on here. It doesn't go unnoticed and it's greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Listen2mydemo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Listen and I appreciate you stopping by to say Thanks, makes me happy to know that all these comps go unnoticed!

      Delete
  19. ROSALIE.......The Original Bomb Oldiez Lowrider Supreme Diamond Princess Shining In The Sky!

    All Bow Down & Recognize "THE REAL"

    !

    G MAN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww shit lol now that is some title G!! me likes it REAL!! Gracias !!

      Delete
  20. This comp is as welcome as ever - much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  21. As welcome as ever - very much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  22. keepit real since day one!! cant wait to cruise into the sunset with these bad boys.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope u can still catch that sunset for cruising to this comp this weekend Gracias

      Delete
  23. Muchas gracias DustyRose for all your time and effort that goes into these compilations. I do appreciate your hard work and I especially enjoy the your final results. You dont know how many times ive bumped your comps and I say - Damn DustyRose that's a jam!!! Keep doing what you do cause some of us really enjoy your hard work. Mil gracias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww that's so nice to know! see now how am I suppose to know that if you didn't tell me ? Now this brings a big smile to my face, thanks for listening!! next time can u tell me your name ?

      Delete
  24. Yo GMAN, its Psychadilsnik aka Musk aka Jugglerofmusic. whats up son!! you better remember me. dude, i havent been on blogger in a long while and cant rememeber how to send a message. hit me back at Jugglerofmusic@yahoo.com. we need to reconnect dude

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just wanted to say, I love all the cd's you have on the website, I've enjoyed them alot, but you are right, when someone hands you something, say thank you, just want to say a really big "Thank You"!!!! Much appreciated!!!

    - E. Moreno -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad u understand,Moreno.. Thanks for leaving a great comment & a big welcome, Enjoy :)

      Delete
  26. Rosalie you blow my mind with all your dedication and how you find these killa jams. It's one thing to hunt them down but to do your homework on these artists as well. A super prize package,keep treating us with your awesome finds,Soulman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks my new yoker Soul! You know I enjoy doing these & will always remember how we blew each others mind with our great taste in music for the last 12 yrs & I know that's why we hit it off so well! I know you already listened to this comp & I know you enjoyed it, Thanks for stopping in to leave your comment, smiles

      Delete
  27. My dear, I really appeciate what you do for all of us. I havent been on here for a while, but I agree in what you write. You deserve the pat on the back we all need to give you! Please do ever stop putting out your great comps! My niece and I love to riding around listening to the great music! Mucho love going your way! Elma.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Elma, That's so sweet! I love to hear about the effect my comps have on you and your niece, That's a site to see...Thanks for the pat & Gracias for the appreciation, Don't ever stop listening!

      Delete
  28. Hey My Soul Sister from another Mother!

    First let me say, job well done as always in the representation of your comp & to RB for the cover and to G for just being who you are and keeping the site tight!

    Everybody thought it was BS when I first started speaking out about the TOTAL disrespect of the FREELOADERS i.e those not commenting! Beg, please! Why would we have to beg anyone for anything when we're sharing the music? And yes, it's on a public blogspot but remember this could always go private I might add then we'll really know whose unappreciative, but I'm sure all whom are not commenting have been taught in some way, shape, form or fashion, nothing in life is FREE. There is ALWAYS a price to pay and being that the price is a simple "THANK YOU" how dayum hard can that be?
    Yes, I'm the VERY opinionated other female of this crew, always was, always will be and remember... The come around, because it always come back around, may make you wish you had thanked a person for something being given to you cause when the Lord gives his come around for you not appreciating a gift given it's nothing close to our bitchin'!

    Blessings,
    MzO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woooweee c'on wicha bad self! Calm down my killer G/F LOL

      Well said MzO!!

      Delete
  29. THANKS Rosalie!!!!! I always appreciate the comps you drop, they're always great! This is another dope one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My pleasure Fernando...I know you do & Glad you enjoy them! Gracias ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so great, I love yall for doing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love ya back whoever you is, Thanks for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  33. please reupload the link and send me the password at polidrugo@yahoo.it,thx

    ReplyDelete
  34. another tight comp thanks

    ReplyDelete