Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DustyRose's Prisoner Of Love Vol. 3



Been a long minute since I posted my Vol 2 of this series
But here is Vol. 3 for your listening pleasure, I hope you like my selections and the 411 that I always try to include which makes the process take a little longer but the end result is here so please leave your E-MAIL so I can send you over the password but I would love for you all to come on back & let me know how you liked it!                    Thanks @>--;-- Rose

Big Thanks to RossyBoy for fixin up my cover!

Here some 411 on some of these tracks, Enjoy the read (or not) & as always corrections are welcomed!

01. Spankys Gang - Prisoner Of Love
Spanky and Dino (Father & Son) have worked together since 1991. They can professionally host any function with their live music performance and their DJ library with thousands of songs from yesterday today and tomorrow.  They have appeared with most of my favorite performers including: Larry Chance & the Earls,Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners,Pookie Hudson & The Spaniels, Willie Winfield & The Harptones,The Duprees and many more!
02. Dynamite Singletary - I Really Love You
Dynamite #6807  Thanks to DJ Barry "Soulbrother" Fowden for this fantastic track!
03. The Melodies - I Never Thought That I Would Lose Her
No Info,Thanks to Scott (SFM-Jazzman) for this and many tracks!
04. The Delegates Of Soul - Don't Take Your Love From Me
1970  -  Uplook Records
05. The Spirals - Forever And A Day
1961  -  Smash
06. The Jobettes - What You Gonna Do
1965  -  Kevin Records #2268
A mid '60s solid soul female group with a great lead vocal, The Jobettes recorded this one single on Kevin Records
07. Sugar Bear And The Sensations - What About Me Girl
1967 - Executive
08. The Richmond International - Maybe If I Leave You
1973  - Red Coach Records, This song was written by Barbara Mason
09. The Originals - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
1974  -  Soul
10. Smoked Sugar - Keeping Up My Front
1975  -  20th Century 
11. The Exceptions Ft. Mark Greene - It Must Be Love
2012 - Numero Group off The Eccentric Soul: A Red Black Green Production 
12. The Sophisticates - I Really Hope You Do
1967  -  Underground Sounds
13. The Windy City Orchestra - Good Guys Don't Always Win
1977 - Chi-Sound Soul
14. Rene & Ray - I Can’t Let You Go
Rene & Ray were Pablo "Rene" Valenzuela (of The Velveteens) and Ray "Spider Ray" Quiñones. This was the B-side of their "Too Late" single for Donna in 1962.
15. The Re-Vels - I Love You 
No Yr -Trentown Records
16. The Chi-Lites - Never No More
1965  -  Blue Rock
17. Mel Adams & The Cashmeres - If I Only Knew
1958  -  Emerge
18. The Voltaire's - My My My Baby
60's  ?- Bacone
19. The Delfonics - Don't Throw It All Away
1973  -  Arista
Among the first purveyors of the smooth, orchestral sound that would come to typify Philadelphia soul, the Delfonics established themselves as one of the quintessential soul groups of the late 60s and 70s and created some of the most notable songs of that era.
20. Tomorrow's Promise - Never Take Your Love Away
1974  -  Mercury
21. Boise Cover Band – I Love You More
2009 (Lee Williams & The Cymbals Cover)
Boise Cover Band was a studio project featuring Doug Martsch of Built to Spill, Ned Evett, Ian Waters, and John Mullin. UNORIGINAL ARTISTS
22. The Soul Survivors - Temptation Bout To Get Me
1970 - Atco 45
AKA The Dedications, from 1962 and 1964, originally from New York City, grew up listening to the R & B groups of the 1950’s. The sounds of groups like the Moonglows, Heartbeats, and Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers. While performing at clubs in the New York area, they found themselves at the mercy of various house bands and decided to find a group of musicians who would become permanent members of the group therefore creating a self contained unit.They adopted the name Soul Survivors in 1965 Shortly thereafter, they began to build a strong following, playing venues in Atlantic City and Philadelphia. Enjoying great success in Philadelphia, they attracted the attention of record producers Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff. Into the recording studio they went, emerging with " Expressway To Your Heart " a song that would climb to #3 on Billboard's R&B chart and #4 on it's Top 100 list
23. The Moments - I Won't Do Anything
1970  -  Stang Labels Producers & Written-By– L. Roberts & Sylvia Robinson
Lead: Billy Brown, One of the most consistent R&B aggregations of the '70s, the Moments enjoyed a string of major hits throughout the decade. The Hackensack, NJ, trio introduced themselves and the Stang label with "Not on the Outside" in 1968, and topped the R&B charts in 1970 with the gold-plated "Love on a Two-Way Street,"  Members Harry Ray, Al Goodman, and William Brown changed their billing to Ray, Goodman & Brown in 1978 
24. Johnny Jack - Mad About You
Swan Label, Released: Nov 22, 2006 Rollercoaster Records
25. The Trells - Bad Weather
No Year - Port City 
This track here drove me crazy not knowing the title/artist, this was one of P-Ptylez Unknown track from AZTLAN DREAMZ VOL.01 series & this was over 3 years ago, finally I posted it on U-Tube, THANK YOU SoulVic77 for your help finding this track!! 

Post & Intro Courtesy of DUSTYROSE
Link Courtesy of DUSTYROSE
Tracks Courtesy of DUSTYROSE
Album Cover Courtesy of ROSSYBOY

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qkw092
Don't Forget 2 Leave A Comment

106 comments:

  1. Hi Rose! Always looking for your comps....as you know! Just love the extra work you put into these. Thanks! password please. soulman5discs@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias por su dedicacion y su trabajo muy buena seleccion pabsad1983@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for P.O.L VOL.1&2 can't wait to listen to vol. 3 of this bad a%s series joelazua@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need the password..I already downloaded . oldies7797@gmail.com this is Benny from Rivaside. CA. how it goin gman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need the password for the download. this Is Benny FroM RiVERSIDE.CA...stop by to say hello..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Rosy,
    Here's my email:
    rocco.micoli@telenet.be

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big shout out!!
    Great job!!
    colin.dufat@gmail.com
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look forward to enjoy some good sounds from the south side. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peace and respect for your constant work please send me the password
    Leafdogbeats@gmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking forward to listening philsubs@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Q-Vo DustyRose good 2 know u came out with vol. 3 well appreciated keep up the good work u should already have my e-mail but just invade here it is andresc11@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. MAMMA MIA Rose !!!!!!!
    This is really a fabulous compilation.
    I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.
    Grazie mille amica.
    Greetings from Belgium.
    Thumbs up for the whole crew.

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Rocco, Glad you enjoy my comps! :)
      Yes I agree, thumbs up for the whole crew!

      Delete
  13. thanks for the share please forward password to "waveygravey1@hotmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cant wait to listen to it. Thanks for putting it together. Never a miss. GRACIAS! crzn.bristol@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your great work. Cant wait to listen to it. crzn.bristol@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cant wait to listen to it. Thanks for putting it together. Never a miss. GRACIAS! crzn.bristol@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi all, another fantastic comp with quality from start to finish, can't wait thanks mike farmoorthanthat@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. whats happening, liked the first two volumes, thanks for all this music

    uncleteiji@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks i never knew Mark Green was with The Exceptions,,,,, thanks for that, can you send the password?

    wcaldwell1955@gmail.com

    - W. Caldwell -

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice... passw please... southernsoulero@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing please send password to MikeV_LBC@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Miss Rose, bigROBERT here, once more big thanx for the "real music" you give us all. You have no idea what a service this is to O.G's like myself plus all the homies that come over for an adult beverage and kick it listening to all your comps... You one BAD MAMA JAMA . need the password por favor. much respect to you and all you do. from a few nobodies en el sur de califas.:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just love your killer comment Roberto!! Keep em coming ! A great vision I like to imagine..Have one for me!! (adult bev) so glad you all enjoy my comps! :)

      Delete
  23. Thnx! Great comp, good work! mff1221@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. good lookin out kamelkamu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cant wait to hear this collection
    Please send password to: salgados04@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Rose Looks like another good collection. Can't wait to listen to these tracks avil2date@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you for the drop can you send the P/Word awesome thanks and have a bless day

    ReplyDelete
  28. I guess a lot of people do enjoy the gems. Thank you, please may i have the password. rsolis24@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. lots of classic cut on this comp. Thank you for sharing and may I have password. museikjunkie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. As anticipated, downloaded this Comp, and just like I thought Miss DustyRose does it again!! BadAss Jams and has a perfect flow from track 1 to the last. I hope you Peeps out there appreciate the effort & work that goes into putting these comps together. Try it sometime & you'll see. I & my Homies certainly do appreciate the effort & hard work That DustyRose and all the the rest of "The Comp Wizards" at SouthSide Souldiez do. Muchas Gracias To SouthSide Souldiez... RealTalk...bigROBERT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming back & leaving another killer comment Robert, I / we appreciate so much!!

      Delete
  31. Replies
    1. Always G, It's available 2 u...never have to ask! :)

      Delete
  32. thanks for your hard work. password please and thank you. engine604@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. thanks for your hard work. password please and thankyou engine604@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. .Good Look'n out DustyRose. Alwayz putting that little extra into your work. Much appreciated. laraiders4life@yahoo.com thank you

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you very much for the music and quick reply. It is refreshing to see a person share material in such a warm manner. The music is great, I love your work. Thank you and like I tell everyone, it only takes less than a minute to write this. It takes you a lot longer. Thank you for your efforts and good material provided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming back to leave your comment Rich, I hope you enjoyed it, also thanks for the advise to the others here in this blog that it is not that hard to comment,your right it only takes a minute!

      Delete
  36. so soulfull, thaks for this one

    talpacino1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. need the password hook up pls my moms loves the music you haven up here keep them coming pls

    t.r.e.life.3muzik@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. can i have the password please for this another killing compilation ? rezoprods@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovin it cant wait to listen to Track 20 plz forward me the password. Rushawf@erwat.co.za. Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  41. Replies
    1. well tank you vedy much G, glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  42. thx so much always appreciate the music. mrramos711@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great comp. Can I get the password?

    wickd27@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. hey there Dusty!!! heres hopeing youll hook this dazed gurl up with the password :) much love & respect dazedgurl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dam girl how are you so wicked with these selections? PW pretty please @ jtcrichton@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I finally got a chance to sit down and listen to this comp and I must say I was completely blown away!

    The effort of researching and writing about each song makes this comp even more treasured because I've gained some knowledge about the songs.

    Thank you Dusty Rose for a well thought out comp that is now in heavy rotation on my iPod.

    Orale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment means so much! Thanks for coming back & letting me know your thoughts, so happy to take part inside you Ipod & very happy to know you enjoy the reading!!

      Delete
  47. Great compilation.
    Thank you so much for the music
    vitosanchez90@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks to you dusty rose, and all the others who put in the hard work for those who appreciate it. Me most of all! Keep up the the wondedful work. Beautiful music has tamed this beast! tikalcomp213@gmail.com Gracia.

    ReplyDelete
  49. tikalcomp213@gmail.com . Gracia senorita DustyRose.

    ReplyDelete
  50. gracias de todo cora!! truly appreciate every comp that is shared with this dazed girl!!! always sweet to hear covers of songs by diff groups that I haven't before..Dazedgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Maggie & thanks for coming back to let me know!

      Delete
  51. great job as always pw please madre_stella@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Anxious tho hear this comp please send password to tikalcomp213@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. HELLO ROSE PLEASE SEND ME THE HOOK UP AT WXGKLIK310@GMAIL.COM. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! LOVE YOUR WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  54. fantastic hard work, rare rolas, if you can to brandon.lukin@hotmail.com
    saludos from mexico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Brandon, your e-mail is incorrect, please send another

      This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
      Delivery to the following recipients failed.
      lukin@hotmail.com

      Delete
    2. try on it
      brandon_ortiz10@yahoo.com

      Delete
    3. try on it
      brandon_ortiz10@yahoo.com

      Delete
    4. Okies I'll try that one, be on the look out!

      Delete
  55. may I please get the password to this comp I m kinda new to this and I think its firme what u guys r doing thank you . mrlopez1979@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well welcome to Soul Heaven Cesar!, sending PW your way :)

      Delete
  56. A very big fan of Dusty Rose comps Thank you hozay64@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. try on it
    brandon_ortiz10@yahoo.com
    please if you can

    ReplyDelete
  58. try on it rose
    brandon_ortiz10@yahoo.com
    if you can gracias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Dang Brandon don't U know ur E- mail addy??? common I know you can do it!! lol

      This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

      Delivery to the following recipients failed.

      brandon_ortiz10@yahoo.com

      Delete
  59. =( this is my email rose try again please
    killer compilation here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just re sent , Hope u get it now... let me know

      Delete
    2. Nope :(
      This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

      Delivery to the following recipients failed.

      brandon_ortiz10@yahoo.com

      Can't you use another e-mail ?

      Delete
    3. I tried with my other e-mail still no luck ;(
      Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
      :
      Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (brandon_ortiz10@yahoo.com)

      Delete
  60. wassup rosalie please send me the hook up at
    soulero1530@yahoo.com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  61. Cover is banging!! csr@kckdrm.com can't wait to hear

    ReplyDelete
  62. THANKS Rosalie and RossyBoy!!! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Excellent work ! ! peace
    trinacrianostra@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Sorry late comers, sending out the password now...(((FERNANDO))))) I hope I still have your e-mail

    ReplyDelete
  65. Replies
    1. I need your e-mail addy so I can send you the goods!

      Delete
  66. Beautiful music...thanks for keep this sound groovin' on. I'd like to get the password. Gracias hermano. miguelchain@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hi Dusty,
    I don't know how I missed this gem here....I hope am not late to take a bite..LOL

    Two weeks ago i bought a copy of this rare 45; Richmond International - Maybe-If I Leave You.. When the guy i was buying it from drop the needle on it, I was pleasantly surprise. How did I not unearth this earlier!?#$%&...LOL
    I'm glad I now have a copy, albeit my amplifier is not playing the phono section in Stereo. I got my turntable fix, finally!!!

    I would Love to have access to this gem

    Big Up!@!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOhhh doncha hate when that happens!!?? lol but glad you have a copy hope you enjoy the rest of the tracks as well...Let me know !
      Password on the way!

      Delete
  68. Oops just noticed you didn't leave your e-mail addy either...Please leave it here & I'll be back to check later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am so sorry...
      it's: raphyjackson@hotmail.com

      Big Up!@!

      Delete
    2. No problem...got it, keep on the lookout & ty 4 ur interest!!

      Delete
    3. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, DUSTYROSE!

      Did not expect anything less than excellence!

      Big Up!@!

      Delete
    4. Thanks so much for coming back & letting me know Raphy!!

      Delete
  69. JSTLDBCK@YAHOO.COM KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

    ReplyDelete
  70. really nice compilation, please send me the password at polidrugo@yahoo.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Marco I updated the links again, try grabbing them along with ur comment before they expire, they don't last long! Thanks for ur interest !

      Delete
    2. This Comp I will send u a password

      Delete
  71. Nice Comps Can U send Me Pass Please Thank U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please send me your e-mail & I'll check if the link is still active !

      Delete
  72. plz password
    eranmalber@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. i'd also love to hear this comp, if you could send along a new link and/or password it'd be appreciated. thanks!! manicexec@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Anxious tho hear this comp please send password to kankander@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete