Friday, April 18, 2014

Familia Souldiez: Vol. 15 Keeping It Real



Just in time for your Easter listening, another honeyed drop of scintillating Souldies, courtesy of the Familia. Not quite a full complement of the crew this time round; but that's always likely to be the way of it and there're enough of us to keep the fire stoking ! The G Man came up with another firme cover and a pair of fine tracks from his secret treasure trove. Thanks as always to the regular contributors; they are always there, without fail, having dug out some more rare ones from their collections. Hope this collaboration is up to the high standard we've set ourselves. Enjoy; and let us know ! 

 RossyBoy

Track list:

01 - The Moments - I Believe In You (Mello)
"My Thing" album, Stang, 1972
02 - The TMG's - What Can I Do? (Up In Smoke)
Soul Shack, 19??
03 - Tomorrow's Men - It's Real (DustyRose)
Congress, 1970
04 - Sweet Cherries - Storybook  (BillyMac)
T-Neck, 1970
05 - Inbassador - Everyday (East La Guy)
LBC Enterprises, 1978
06 - The Harptones - Until The Real Thing Comes Along (Chi-Town)
Rama (unreleased), 1957
07 - The Charlettes - What Ever Happened To Our Love (RossyBoy)
Angie, 1963
08 - Bobby Hinton - Girl Will You Marry Me (G Man)
Tomi, 19??
09 - Blue Magic - Grateful (Mello)
Atco, 1976
10 - Billy Sha-rae - I Found The One (Up In Smoke)
Hourglass, 1971
11 - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Be For Real (DustyRose)
E.P., Philadelphia International, 1972
12 - Elegant Taste - Champagne and Caviar  (BillyMac)
Magna Glide, 1975
13 - Mr Clean & The Soul Inc - I Bet He Don't Love You (East LA Guy)
Radio City, 1972
14 - The Intruders - To Be Happy Is The Real Thing (Chi-Town)
Philadelphia International, 1975
15 - Etta James - Happiness (RossyBoy)
"Call My Name" album, Cadet, 1967
16 - Van Jones - Your Love Is Like A High (G Man)
Conway, 19??
17 - George Jackson - Talking About The Love I Have For You (Mello)
ER Music, 1976
18 - David Thomas - I'll Always Need You (By My Side) (Up In Smoke)
Prime, 19??
19 - Mighty Doug Haynes - Yes I'm Ready (If Don't Get To Go) (DustyRose)
"Mighty Doug Haynes" album, Dakar, 1974
20 - Charles Conrad - Isn't It Amazing (BillyMac)
Shandy, 1970?
21 - Reverb LTD - Please Love Me (East LA Guy)
Eccentric Soul (unreleased), issued 2011
22 - Cody Black - Keep On Keeping On (Chi-Town)
King, 1968
23 - 21st Creation - Baby, I'm For Real (RossyBoy)
"Break Thru" album, Gordy, 1978

********************************************
Intro Courtesy of ROSSYBOY
Post Courtesy of DUSTYROSE
Tracks Courtesy of MELLO, G Man, ROSSYBOY, DUSTYROSE, BILLYMAC, EAST LA GUY, UP IN SMOKE, CHI-TOWN
Link Courtesy of ROSSYBOY
Album Cover Courtesy of G MAN


16 comments:

  1. Hello my friends,
    Ones againn this compilation is absolutely outstanding.
    I wish you all a verry happy easter.

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias again 4 this comp grabed it from tvd keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS Mello,G Man, RossyBoy, Rosalie, BillyMac, East LA Guy, Up In Smoke & Chi-Town!!! Awesome, I always say these collabo comps are always the dopest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Lookin' out another Familia souldiez brought to you by all the heavy hitters. Thank You all for making my Easter extra special. Again I appreciate all you guyz and galz hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah something to sooth the soul....Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi all Happy Easter and happy me because once again a fantastic compilation of brilliant soul tracks, five stars for quality doesn't seem high enough praise maybe the universe has enough to thank all concerned. for now just take a lowly thanks from me.
    mike
    farmoorthanthat@aol,com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the team did a great job here! as usual! Big up to BillyMac!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. kngscr, Thanks for the props. I'm always hoping somebody hears a song I put up and goes,"damn that's great"! That makes me want to keep digging for more songs for you. Thanks for letting me know. I think I speak for the whole Krew on that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nuff thanks, good to see the site still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great weekend mix thank you, this will go nice with a brew and the crew

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for another great listener

    ReplyDelete