Friday, May 2, 2014

RossyBoy's Frozen In Time




There may be a few surprises in this one. I'm thinking primarily of my fellow Scotsman Paolo Nutini (he's of Italian descent) whose latest album "Caustic Love" is top of the pop album charts in the U.K. at the moment. Any modern artist who knows enough about our Soul world to duet with Betty LaVette and sample Gladys Knight is worth a listen in my book; I've almagamated two of his tracks here. The second version of "Let's Straighten It Out" here features The Mighty Hannibal in his final recording before he, sadly, passed away earlier this year. Just goes to show, our music is NOT frozen in time but is still evolving, with newcomers dropping in to replace the stalwarts of yesteryear. I'm on vacation at the moment, so I hope you enjoy this while I'm away !  
RossyBoy

Track list:

01 - Tre' Williams & The Revelations - Let's Straighten It Out
02 - Sharon Forrester - Holly
03 - Ruby Johnson - I'd Better Check On Myself
04 - Cleo Laine - All In Love Is Fair
05 - Linda Ronstadt & Ann Savoy - Walk Away Renee
06 - Ida Sand & Raul Midón - He Ain't Heavy, He’s My Brother
07 - Lena Horne - Unchained Melody
08 - Bloodstone - I've Never Found A Girl
09 - Eugene Gaspard - Holding On
10 - Jean Terrell - Rising Cost Of Love
11 - Louisa "Markswoman" Mark - Keep It Like It Is
12 - Paolo Nutini - Let Me Down Easy ~ Bus Talk
13 - Young Hearts - Get Yourself Together
14 - Bobby & Cindy - If This Ain't Really Love
15 - Nolan Chance - If He Makes You
16 - The Mighty Hannibal - Let's Straighten It Out
17 - Black Sugar - Don't You Worry About A Thing
18 - Dee Dee Warwick - What Does It Take
19 - Imperial Wonders - Mean Ol' Miss Treater
20 - The Symbolics - I'm Gonna Get You Back
21 - The Soul Duo - This Is Your Day
22 - Broken Melody - What's Happening Baby
23 - The Entertainers - Pour Your Little Heart Out 
24 - United Sounds - It's All Over (Baby)
25 - Parliaments - This Is My Rainy Day
26 - Len Barry - When You Call Me Baby


Post by DUSTYROSE
Intro by ROSSYBOY 
Tracks Courtesy of  ROSSYBOY
Link Courtesy of  ROSSYBOY
Album Cover Courtesy of  ROSSYBOY

   

10 comments:

  1. Thank you very much great songs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid compilation.
    I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.
    Have a soulful weekend.

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one TY for this....

    - Gazz Gazeer -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic selection of tunes, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic selection of tunes, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up folks. Jay here. I'm an old subscriber from G-man's early days. I know the blogs have been through their ups and downs but I'm real glad to see yall are still puttin it down for the souldie lovers out there. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHATS UP HEY ANOTHER GREAT COMP, THANKS FOR SHARING, MUCH LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  9. always great music jstldbck@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS RossyBoy & Rosalie! Awesome comp!!

    ReplyDelete