Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Familia Souldiez - Vol. 16 Street Lamp Serenades


For me, Memorial Day is a day to remember loved ones we have lost. On May 15,2014 I lost my brother Rudolph Raymond Aversa so I am dedicating this volume to Rudy.

Though my heart is sad I know that my brother would want me to carry on as if he were still here because he is still here in spirit. I have added three songs to the end of this volume in his memory.

A special thanks to all of the members of the KREW who helped make this volume possible. God Bless You All and God Bless My Brother Rudy.

EAST LA GUY

Track List:

01. Exits - Under The Street Lamp (Mello)
 (Gemini, 1967)
02. Belmonts - Street Corner Symphony (Chi-Town)
 (Buddah LP,1971) 
03. Sollie McElroy & The Nobles - Serenade (Chi-Town)
 (Stacy,1962) 
04. Benny Johnson & His Soul Serenaders - What Would You Do (EastLAGuy)
(Tarx,1966) 
05. Barbara Stant - He's Still Your Man (RossyBoy)
 (Shiptown,1970) 
06. Falcons -  (I'm A Fool) I Must Love You (Mello)
 (Big Wheel, 1966)
07. Masters Of Soul - Do You Really Love Me (DustyRose)
 (Ovide,1969) 
08. Larks - Forget Me (BillyMac)
 (Money, 1964) 
09. The Serenaders - Only Mine (EastLAGuy)
 (1962 Riverside,unreleased) 
10. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Making Up & Breaking Up (DustyRose)
 (Daptone 2014)
11. Debbie Taylor - Wait Until I'm Gone (RossyBoy)
 (Decca,1968)
12. Sisters Love -  Are You Lonely (Mello)
 (A&M, 1971)
13. Al Green - Something (G-MAN
 (Deeper Shade Of Green LP,1976)
14. Gene Williams - Don't Let Your Love Fade Away (BillyMac)
 (Forte,1970)
15.George Scott - Let The Past Be The Past (RossyBoy)
 (Maple LP,1971)
16. Otis Clay - It Was Jealousy (EastLAGuy)
 (Hi,1974) 
17. Invitations - For Your Pecious Love (BillyMac)
(Silver Blue,1973) 
18. The Endeavors - Shattered Dreams (DustyRose)
 (Stop,1970)
19. Joe Bataan & Group - Under The Street Lamp (Chi-Town)
 (Uptite,1972) 
20. Chantels - He's Gone (Rudy Aversa)
(End, 1957) 
21. Four Tempos - Memories (Rudy Aversa)
 (Rampart, 1967) 
22. Benitez & Nebula - I'm So Sad (Rudy Aversa)
(Vaya, 1976) 




- Intro Courtesy Of EAST LA GUY -
- Post Courtesy Of DUSTYROSE -
- Link Courtesy Of EAST LA GUY -
- Album Cover Courtesy Of G-MAN-

- Tracks Courtesy Of  - Rudy Aversa, Mello, Chi-Town, RossyBoy,
   East-LA-Guy, DustyRose, BillyMac & G Man


12 comments:

  1. Respect my friend
    .
    It's a great thing to remember your brother.
    The music is also fantastic.
    Greetings from Belgium.

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for a great collection and my deepest condolences on the loss of your brother Stay Strong

    ReplyDelete
  3. tanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. my heart goes out to you and your family, i,m sure he is very proud of you to be immortalized in music, well there is nothing greater
    thanks
    mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. A loss is a loss no matter who it is. It is especially hard when it is near the home. I am glad that you feel your brother wanted you to carry on. My condolences to you and all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Family. Always on top of your game. I'm so sorry for your lost. But as I am a witness to loss also, pump your music up and let them see your happy and still carrying on. It's an amazing energy that they love, Continued Blessings, MzO

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Fabulous way to honor your Brother, Guy.......Much respect 2 U & The rest of The Famila 4 another Dynamite Project completed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off I would like to say I'm sorry to you, East LA guy & your familia. But theres not a better way to send him off than a comp with all the gente. Thanx again for all you guy's hard work. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS Rudy Aversa, Mello, Chi-Town, RossyBoy, East-LA-Guy, Rosalie, BillyMac & G Man!!! Collabo comps are always dope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peace to your brother East LA Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for upload,from northside of Japan

    ReplyDelete