Friday, March 13, 2015

South Side Story, Vol. 1


South Side Souldiez  is in the process of creating our own signature oldies series and we want your input with the 1st volume. Please leave us a comment with artist and title name as your submission to grace our volume one compilation. We want this series to have an underground oldies vibe in the tradition of Eastside Story. Each person is limited to submitting one suggestion a day. We want extreme top quality tracks and therefore will reject and unknown amount of suggestions.....but don't feel discouraged if your cut isn't chosen.....just shoot us an even better idea the next day. Trusted Familia, ROSSYBOY & DUSTYROSE will be the official judges on the project. Each of them will choose 7 tracks from our readers and also contribute two tracks each of their own. I will contribute the cover and two tracks myself, while my partner ROSSYBOY will throw the link together when everything is ready to go. If possible we will try to update the track list as we confirm tracks for the project....so please shoot us your picks and hopefully if all goes well we can continue to make this a 12 volume series. 
Thanks ahead of time for all of your support!

Also.....if you think you are suggesting a really rare one that we don't have and you have the actual track.....leave your email so we can contact you to get a mp3 copy.

G MAN


Also thank you for the mp3s that were sent to me from:
SmoothGrooves
RRDKOR
AmosPop
Parts321


Current Tracklist

1.
2. 
3. Someday...Lost Generation [G Man]
4.
5.
6.
7. I'll Take Care Of You...Marvin Gaye [Ceeo83]
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. I Have Searched...Robby Lawson [RossyBoy]
14. I'll Be Sweeter Tomorrow...Linda Jones [G Man]
15.
16. I Love Your Secretly...The Miracles [Ronnie]
17. I'm The Guy...Yeomans [RossyBoy]
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
 

 


64 comments:

  1. How About The Sweethearts - You'll Always Know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saludos y pues me parece bien poner .PUT ME IN JAIL (SUNNY OZUNA )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvin Gaye- I'll take care of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's one - I'm a Loser - Brighter Side of Darkness

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhmmm how about Bobby Bland - Cry Lover Cry ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. EDWIN RILEY - Will You Still Love Me
    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's my pick.-- Carlton Beck bb The Senders - The Girl I Left Behind

    Thanks lil'D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dreamlovers - I'm Through With You Or Maybe The Gallahads - This Letter To You. Something Newer Like The Miracles - I Love You Secretly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I WANT A LOVE I CAN SEE" FROM THE "MEET THE TEMPTATIONS"

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I WANT A LOVE I CAN SEE" FROM THE "MEET THE TEMPTATIONS"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ronnie Walker - Really Really Love You

    ReplyDelete
  13. BENNY SHAW - What Price For Love

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here are a few of my ideas
    Mathilda Jones - I've Been Wrong Too Long
    Thelma Jones - Salty Tears
    Frankie Gearing - Tears on My Pillow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Masters of Soul - Please Wait for Me(My Darling0 This is my pick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet harmony- -- 7 sounds Unlimited.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's another one - Master Four - It's not the end

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marvin Gaye - Just to keep you satisfied

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carla Thomas - I've Fallen In Love With You

    ReplyDelete
  20. here's hoping you enjoy my choice - something a little different
    Bennie Conn - Tell Me You Love Me

    amospop

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Sweethearts - You'll Always Know. was on my Valentine's comp last month

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here's one for consideration from yours truly.
    Get Ready For Love - The Superbs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Calvin Harris - It Ain't Fair

    ReplyDelete
  24. Four Singing Avalons - She's My Woman, She's My Girl It Sounds Very Similar To The Archie Bell & The Drells Version.

    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Marvin Gaye - What Do You Want With Him

    ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Four Intruders - This Is My Love Song

    ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Under The Stars Of Love...Carlos Brothers

    - Alfredo Corral -

    ReplyDelete
  28. Here's one of mine:

    The Yeomans " I'm The Guy" on Heidi.

    RB

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Equatics-Merry Go Round by Now-Again Records

    ReplyDelete
  30. My pic is " oh how you hurt me" The fabulous performers

    ReplyDelete
  31. Marvin Gaye - What Do You Want With Him

    ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Richard Brown Don't listen to the grapevine

    ReplyDelete
  33. Little Anthony & The Imperials - Easier Said Than Done

    ReplyDelete
  34. Little Isidore & The Inquisitors - Blue

    ReplyDelete
  35. Little Isidore & The Inquisitors - Blue

    ReplyDelete
  36. Here's my second pick:

    Robby Lawson "I Have Searched" on Kyser from 1967.

    RB

    ReplyDelete
  37. what you don't want me to be... lee moses mrramos711@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  38. How's it going South Siderz, how about I'm waiting by bill bush??

    - mrramos711 -

    ReplyDelete
  39. Little Isidore & The Inquisitors - Go

    ReplyDelete
  40. LETS GO WITH - FREDDIE HUGHES - SEND MY BABY BACK

    ReplyDelete
  41. Earth, Wind & Fire - I Think About Lovin' You
    Thanks For The Pick On The Miracles !

    ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Speedo & The Cadillacs - Girl Of My Dreams Parts321@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Here's another rola that I thought might add a little flair to the compilation
    Rubi Andrews - The Love I Need

    amospop

    ReplyDelete
  44. The Persuaders - Love is gonna pack up ( walk out on us). The Sly, Slick, and Wicked version is good also. Alright then. Good luck. Should be a good one!! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Cloe Martin - It Comes to My Attention

    ReplyDelete
  46. Aretha Franklin - One Step Ahead

    ReplyDelete
  47. The 5th Dimension - Together lets find love

    ReplyDelete
  48. I would like to submit this
    The Glories - At the Dark End of the Street

    ReplyDelete
  49. George Jackson - Macking On You

    ReplyDelete
  50. Medallions - Accept Me For What I Am

    ReplyDelete
  51. "Raining Teardrops" by Rockmasters

    ReplyDelete
  52. nice tune if you can use Temptations - Life Is But A Dream thanks Jim Parts321

    ReplyDelete
  53. Jim Parts321@aol.comMarch 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM

    Showcases - (This Love) Was Real maybe this one Jim Parts321

    ReplyDelete
  54. Jim Parts321@aol.comMarch 24, 2015 at 9:42 PM

    Showcases - (This Love) Was Real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose used this great one on her Stardust Melodiez Vol 2, Jim ....

      Delete
  55. Clarence Carter - "I'd Rather Go Blind"

    ReplyDelete
  56. QVO CARNALES.....Willie Griffin - I Love You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That nice one was on Familia Souldiez Vol 7.... good to hear from you, primo !

      Delete