Friday, December 5, 2014

BillyMac & RossyBoy's Dos Hombres



It's a periodic pleasure to persuade my Philly friend BillyMac to part with some of  his vinyl collection. I've tried to come up with some matching gems for a new instalment of our occasional collaborations. There are label scans for most of the tracks in the package. Hope you enjoy this latest outing !  
RossyBoy

Track list:

01 - The Appreciations - Gimme Back My Soul (RossyBoy)
Sport, 1968
02 - The Variations of Love - I'll Always Love You (BillyMac)
GoldPlate, 1975
03 - Sharon Copeland & The Monzas - Where Is Love (RossyBoy)
Pacific, 19??
04 - The Young Divines - I'll Show You With Love (BillyMac)
Cotillion/New London International, 1977
05 - The Pacettes - You Don't Know Baby (RossyBoy)
Regina, 1964.  Kendra Spotswood & Van McCoy. 
06 - The Pixies - Just A Little Tear (BillyMac)
Don-Dee, 1963
07 - Tanger Harris & The T.M.S. Band - This Lonely Dream (RossyBoy)
Showcase, 1982
08 - The Tears - Hurt (BillyMac)
Astronaut, 1961
09 - The Impressions - You've Come Home (RossyBoy)
ABC-Paramount, 1962
10 - The Intruders - Pray For Me (BillyMac)
Gamble, 1971
11 - Ed Townsend - I'm In Love (RossyBoy)
"Glad To Be Here" album, Capitol, 1959
12 - McKinley Mitchell - I'm So Glad (BillyMac)
One-derful!, 1962
13 - J.P. Rodgers - Won't You Give Me Your Love (RossyBoy)
Inculcation, 1982
14 - Al Green - One Woman (BillyMac)
Hi, 1972
15 - Butch Patrick - I've Lost My Woman (RossyBoy)
Eydie, 1969?
16 - The Magnificent Men - By The Time I Get To Phoenix (BillyMac)
Capitol, 1968
17 - Scotty Todd & The Magnificent Men - Cry With Me Baby (RossyBoy)
Philips, 1967
18 - Unit Plus - What's The Price Of Happiness (BillyMac)
Verve, 1969
19 - Sherry & The Inverts - I Was Made To Love You (RossyBoy)
Tower, 1968
20 - Will Of The People - Because You Broke My Heart (BillyMac)
Firebird, 1969
21 - Otis Jackson - Beggin' For A Broken Heart (RossyBoy)
Mega, 1974
22 - Claudine Clark - The Telephone Game (BillyMac)
Chancellor, 1962
23 - Blue Steam - Where Is She (RossyBoy)
Catamount, 1975
24 - The Temptations - I'm Doing It All (BillyMac)
Gordy (unreleased), 1966. Out-take from "With A Lot O' Soul" album.

Post by DUSTYROSE
Intro by ROSSYBOY
Tracks Courtesy of BILLYMAC & ROSSYBOY
Album Cover Courtesy of ROSSYBOY
 

10 comments:

  1. Ciao Dusty,
    This is again a marvelous compilation wich i'm gonnea enjoy verry much.
    Thanks a lot to all the group.
    Greetz from Belgium.

    Amichevole,
    Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are great. Thank You!

    Jazzmanscott

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! you guys are on a rollllllll! Thanks once again for a great compilation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dusty can i get a reup of this comp here plz? East L.A. Oldies: Once Upon A Time


    ericlowney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS BillyMac, RossyBoy & Rosalie!!! Lots of dope joints on this one, great comp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Very Nice Tracks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I start listening to any compilation this "01 - The Appreciations - Gimme Back My Soul (RossyBoy)" is the first song I start playing and singing out lot to give me back my soul

    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete