Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Midnite Payback


What up Familia......! Gotta say a big thank U 4 for all the firme feedback on the last post! Itz good to get a little love and props back in the house! In my appreciation of our ever growing Soul Familia I'm providing some payback.......Midnite Payback to be exact. Enjoy this one to your maximum abilities .....and of course if you really enjoy it.....don't be afraid to say so in the comment section.

Oh and a headz up for the crowd. I finally figured out where that lil' groove came from that Alicia Keys sang....you know...that cut "You Don't Know My Name". Check out track 7 by The Main Ingredient. I just knew that Alicia K. cut sounded way 2 much like a back in the day track. I never really researched it.....but once I listened to "LET ME PROVE MY LOVE TO YOU" for the 1st time I noticed it immediately!

In addition.....a shout out to the homeboy DANNY TATTOO for providing some additional artwork for this current cover.

If you're in Cali & need a tattoo holler at Danny Tattoo here:
dsfgomez@gmail.com

~ G MAN ~


1. HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU...THE SONS OF DARKNESS
2. DON'T YOU MAKE ME BLUE...THE FABULOUS DETERMINATIONS
3. THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU...GRANT STREET EXIT
4. BUILD IT UP, TEAR IT DOWN PART 1...THE GHETTO FRIENDSHIP
5. CRYING FOR YOUR LOVE...THE MOOVIN' AND
SOOTHIN' AND STONE FUNK BAND
6. OH YOU SWEET DARLING...THE EQUATIONS
7. LET ME PROVE MY LOVE TO YOU...THE MAIN INGREDIENT
8. SOMEONE...THE LOVERS
9. DON'T THROW YOUR LOVE AWAY...JOEY IRVING
10. YOU'RE WITH ME ALL THE WAY...THE CHARADES
11. DON'T CHANGE ME...GAMITH
12. BLOWING MY MIND...FREE FORM EXPERIENCE
13. ONE KINDNESS DESERVES ANOTHER...THE SIGNIFICANTS
14. I STILL LOVE YOU...CHARLES SWAIN, DAVID TOLBERT & THE THE BLACK LIBERATION
15. DON'T LET HIM HURT YOU BABY...CHARLES SPURLING
16. MY LAST CHANCE...MARVIN GAYE
17. IT'S AN EMPTY WORLD...THE DOMESTIC FIVE
18. LOVE MAN (THAT'S WHAT I LONG TO BE)...
HAMILTON MOVEMENT

*
Post by G MAN
Link by G MAN
Tracks courtesy of G MAN
Album cover by G MAN
Additional artwork by DANNY TATTOO
*

~
~

11 comments:

  1. GREAT FIRME SONGS G-MAN AND FIRME COVER CARNAL THANKS FOR SHARING ....HAVE A GREAT FIRME THURSDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi G Man,
    Thanks for sending Midnite Payback.. Looking forward to hearing this tomorrow as we Europeans get it later than you, I guess.

    Got a music link for you - mac-eine-funk.blogspot.com
    This is a French site with thousands of albums available to download. Most of the music is 80's synthesiser funk / disco or jazz-funk but there is a good amount of soul on there. They got 3 series of nice soul compilations - GANGSTA SOUL 1-7, KILLER'S SOUL 1-15 and JOS ROYAL PRESENTE SWEET SOUL SESSION 1-3. Most of it is more uptempo than the G-Side but still a few goodies in there.
    Anyway, hope it's useful.
    Keep up the good work.

    Irish Mash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please please give me the playlist of JOS ROYAL SESSION 3 thank you bro !!! I can not find me

      Delete
  3. THANKS G Man & Danny Tattoo!!! Dope comp, dope cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks G! And to add to the history of Alicia Key's "You Don't Know My Name" it's the smooth as silk "The Moments" singing background vocals on the song. Nice cover.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias for the smooth rolas for the wekend homie...FIRME looking cover "G"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just had time to listen to Midnite Payback.
    All good especially Ghetto Friendship "Build it up " and Free Form Experience "Blowing My Mind". A lot of feeling in all these songs.

    Thanks a lot.
    Irish Mash

    ReplyDelete
  7. what up my brotha.....going to get this baby on the download and give these tunes a listen and will be back for a few lines my homie....

    bad ass cover carnal......thank you once again for sharing.....

    lil david

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nuff thanks G MAN, haven't played them yet but your comps are always firme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KICK ASS COMP G! SORRY TOOK ME SO LONG TO COMMENT BUT I HAD TO LISTEN & GLAD I DID, GREAT JOB MY FRIEND & THE COVER IS BANGIN SO PROPS TO DANNY TATTOO TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice comp as always G MAN. Many thanks and as track 12 title says...your comps are "mind Blowing."

    ReplyDelete