Thursday, June 16, 2011

Soul Mate Oldies


Here's a special dedication from the Old Gringo.....better known to us as Mello Capone by way of the Windy City......with a special delivery to that special couple.


Track List:
01. Eddie Floyd - I'm So Glad I Met You [Stax '74]
02. Magnum Force - Share My Love [Kelli-Arts '82]
03. Sonny Charles & The Checkmates Ltd. - Black Pearl [A&M '69]
04. The Spinners - Just As Long As We Have Love [Atlantic '75]
05. 7th Wonder - We Are So In Love [Parachute '78]
06. Betty Wright - Thank You For The Many Things You've Done[Alston79]
07. Chris Bartley - The Sweetest Thing This Side Of Heaven [Vando '67]
08. The Deele - Two Occasions [Solar '87]
09. Jimmy Briscoe & The Little Beavers - My Ebony Princess[Phi-Kappa74]
10. The Independents - The First Time We Met [Wand '73]
11. The Tymes - So Much In Love [Parkway '63]
12. Mary Wells - Everlovin' Boy [20th Century '65]
13. Curtis Mayfield - So In Love [Curtom '75]
14. Randy Brown - I Love You Baby [Parachute '78]
15. The Four Thoughts - When I'm With You [Womar '68]
16. Leroy Hutson - Heaven Right Here (On Earth) [Curtom '78]
17. Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming [Atlantic '72]
18. Johnnie Taylor - I'm So Proud [Beverly Glen Music '82]



*
Post by G MAN
Link by MELLO
Tracks courtesy of MELLO
Cover by MELLO
*

8 comments:

  1. Hi GMAN,
    Thanks for this, it's always good to see Curtis Mayfield in any comp. I just love Black Pearl, a Phil Spector classic from Sonny Charles
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soulin here - now & then we all fall on a cd that hits all the right places - this is one of 'em..takes me back to the tax free, care free days of my youth when all we wanted to do was dance the world away - as the Man once said - Keep On Keepin' On!!. Love yo work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GMan, this is a killer comp. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS Mello & G Man!!! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna give a great big chocolitstrawberry kiss to Mello for this dedication to me (MzO & my husband Donald) It's a honor to be thought of in such a loving matter. Thanks for the cover go out to an artist who catured black love on his canvas.
    Of course no thanks is complete without thanking the skillmaster of artistry of covers! The one and only G-MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The download is not yet completed but I know I'll enjoy the tunes.
    Thanks Mello & G MAN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it,it's make you feel like beautiful thing

    ReplyDelete