Monday, January 23, 2012

Soul Stories Vol. 1


JOKERS WILD is back with his latest work
Within this album......killer melodies lurk
Attention to detail...more steady than clockwork
SOUL STORIES that will make your ears perk
Another gem produced from his never ending soul homework 

G MAN

1. Forgive Then Forget - Jay Wiggins
2. If You Don't Think (That I Love You) - Frankie Pighee
3. You Got To Live - Mike Pearson
4. I'm Still In Love With You Pt 1 - Grover Mitchell
5. I'm Still In Love With You Pt 2 - Grover Mitchell
6. Just The Way You Are - Eddie Taylor
7. It's Never Too Late - Goree Smith
8. This Is My Story - The Spotlighters
9. Playboy - The Vel-Tones
10. Who's Lipps You Been Kissing - Soul Experience
11. Yes It's True - The Tuxedos
12. Six Lonely Days - Ray & Dave
13. I Need You So - The Cruisers
14. Baby's Coming Home - Joe Mansion
15. Say That You Love Me - The Impressions
16. Beauty - Claudette Johnson
17. Like White On Rice - Clarence Reid
18. Let Me Be The One - Party Brothers
19. You've Got To Live For Yourself - Bobby Moore
20. Don't Put Off Today For Tomorrow - Shotgun & The Dynamitos
21. Trouble I've Had - Clarence Ashe
22. Nothing But Promises - The Turnpikes
23. We All Make Mistakes Sometimes - King Davis & The House Rockers
24. I'd Like To Know - The Vel-Vettes
25. Close To You - Clarence Ashe
26. I'm So Sad - Jimmy Docket
27. That's How It Is - The Hi C's
28. If I Told You - Le Bleau Monde

*
Post by G MAN
Link courtesy of JOKERS WILD
Tracks courtesy of JOKERS WILD
Album cover by JOKERS WILD
*

~
~

13 comments:

  1. Muchas gracias! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE COVER GMAN . HAVENT GOT TO CHECK IT OUT THE SONG FROM THIS CD YET? Benny from{facebook} RivaSide Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS JokersWild & G Man!!!!! This one's tight, ears are definitely perked!! On another note, the Feds are cracking down hard on certain file sharing servers. Hope it doesn't hurt this site. That would be a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some real killer tracks on this comp. Thanks!
    Gonzo from L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnx for the classic rolas homie nice selection as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another good one, I enjoy coming across great things I never heard before. Always enjoying!

    ~ D. Scott ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always tracks are killa i sit back and say WTF are these tunes coming from. Im a heavy soul and oldies collector From NY with 40 years under my belt and with every collection you blow me away. Don't ever stop bringing these super fine collections I know it's a lot of work but believe me it's worth it even if only one person get's turned onto the sound and picks up where you left off. Thanks to all who go the extra mile you know who you are Chi Girl. Soulman from New York

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Soulman from NY on this one. Jokers Wild is definitely the man of the moment - the best, the rarest, and unbelievable consistency. Never ever thought I'd be picking up new tunes like these at this stage of my life. Congratulations to the Joker yet again ! What a story !

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the best comps ever. The Vel-Vettes tune alone is worth the price of admission. You also gotta dig the Hi C's, Tuxedos, Cruisers and lots more. A real classic. Joker's Wild deserves some heavy props on this one. Thanks.

    Gary J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go JOKERS WILD! alot of favs on here and I see u love Six Lonely Days as much as I do, thanks again for throwing that track my way! Nice job & Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can always expect to find tracks that are new to me and this is no exception. Thanks for all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete