Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lonely Tearz: Smooth Dreamer Vol. 6


Here is the 6th Volume of Lonely Tearz jumping ahead of Vol. 5...
which I am sure will follow ... :-/
First I want to thank The G-MAN for his great choices of rolas and for this continued series, I really love that Mad Lads cut "Why" and Lady Fox & The Foxettes, along with the rest. I included a cover version of a song I had on my last Fairy Tale comp that I think caught some ears including my own by Suzy & The Copycats, Come Back To Me...wait till you listen to this Klass Generation cover version if you haven't before, a killer for sure. The first track by The Knight Brothers in my opinion outdid The Everly Brothers original version and the Soul versions always did in my book....besides I think it made a great opening for this Lonely Tearz Smooth Dreamer volume.
Anyways G and I hope you enjoy this classic compilation filled with nice ballads of Doowop & Soul.....We sure would like to read your comments and let us know what you think, Enjoy....

Brought to you by:
G-Man and DustyRose

An extra big thanx 2 the homeboy Danny Tattoo for the artwork!
If you're in Cali & need a tattoo holler at Danny here:
dsfgomez@gmail.com



01. The Knight Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream (DustyRose)
1966 - Checker from Washington, DC
02. The Dynamic Concepts - Now That You've Left Me (G-Man)
No yr - Dynamic Sounds label
03. The Cruisers - Picture Us (DustyRose)
1970 - Gamble, from Philadelphia, PA,
This 45 version is The Cruisers, not Bunny Sigler's solo version
on Philadelphia International Records
04. Mad Lads - Why (G-Man)
1962 - Mark-Fi Records, from Los Angeles
05. Klass Generation - Come Back To Me (DustyRose)
2003 - Bcj Label
06. The Impulse - Once In A Lifetime (G-Man)
No Yr - Score LAbel, from Chicago
07. Chequers - I'm Still In Love (DustyRose)
1976 - Aris Records
08. Lady Fox & The Foxettes - I Think Of You (G-Man)
1962 - Don-El 114
09. The Diplomats - So Far Away (DustyRose)
1965 - Wand label
10. The Casual-Aires - The Millionaire (G-Man)
1963 - Enterprise1000
11. Deniece Chandler - I Don't Wanna Cry (DustyRose)
1969 - Toddlin Town , From Gary, Indiana AKA Deniece Williams
12. Mike Pearson & The Temples - You Got To Live (G-Man)
No Yr Summit Label - from Chicago
13. Trama - It's Amazing (DustyRose)
1977 - unknown label
14. Virgos - You're A Stranger (G-Man)
1965 - Pioneer
15. Sho-Nuff - Don't Be Lonely (DustyRose)
1982 - Malaco Records
16. The Precisions - The Love I Found In You (G-Man)
Wild Label, There are several different groups called The Precisions,
this group were from Boston
17. The Creations - I'm So In Love With You (DustyRose)
no yr - VIRTUE LABEL
18. Rising Sun - Let Me Into Your Heart (G-Man)
No Yr - Kingston
19. The Elements - Lonely Hearts Club (DustyRose)
1960 - TITAN LABEL
20. Solar Flare - Don't Play With Fire (G-Man)
1978 - RCA Victor

*
Post by DustyRose
Tracks by DustyRose & G MAN
Link by DustyRose
Cover by G MAN
Artwork by Danny Tattoo
*

~

9 comments:

  1. THANKS DustyRose & G Man!! Looks like another classic. Dope cover again, Danny Tattoo, big up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello Fernando...we always can depend on ur comment & yes classic for sho, hope u enjoyed it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for yet another set of rolas that touches the soul and tugs at the heart strings. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Garfield, thanks alot, we're glad we can tug those strings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Played this one yet again today and just had to tell you that it is absolutely outstanding ! I think this is one of the best comps ever produced - and there have been some great ones ! Hats off to G Man and Miss Rose !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang RB! thats a hell of a strong comment! We really appreciate it alot from the bottom of our little ol' hearts..THANK U ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man I've been looking for an mp3 of that track "I Don't Wanna Cry" by Deniece Chandler... but looks like the sendspace link expired. Any way I can get a hold of this? I'm happy to send a couple bucks your way. Great mixes, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man I've been trying to find an mp3 of that track "I don't wanna cry" by Deniece Chandler, and here it is! But looks like the sendspace link has expired. Any way I can grab this from you? I'd be happy to send a few bucks your way. Keep puttin' up soul!

    ReplyDelete